Are you in need of some extra motivation? I know we all want to work hard and reach our goals, but sometimes the journey feels a thousand miles long and you might wonder if there’s any point in even trying. Try reading these motivational quotes for hard work, they will for sure motivate you.
And remember that it’s completely normal to feel like you don’t have what it takes. It is hard to make big plans a reality. It’s often difficult and confusing, you feel discouraged and many things you have to do are just plain boring.
But you have to hang in there. You have to work hard. Every step you take, every little thing you do, takes you a little bit closer to the finish line. What you do every day matters. One day you will look back and be grateful for yourself. Keep working hard and get some motivation by reading these inspirational quotes.
Motivational quotes for hard work
1. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.”
– Michael John Bobak
2. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”
– Thomas Jefferson
3. “Don’t be afraid of hard work. Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Don’t let others discourage you or tell you that you can’t do it. In my day I was told women didn’t go into chemistry. I saw no reason why we couldn’t.”
– Gertrude B. Elion
4. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.”
– Colin Powell
5. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it.”
– Henry David Thoreau
6. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
– Vidal Sassoon
7. “I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better. Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.”
– Jim Carrey
8. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”
– George Lorimer
9. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
– Estée Lauder
10. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
– Jim Ryun
11. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
– Thomas Edison
12. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.”
– Jim Rohn
13. “Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success.”
– Virat Kohli
14. “The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.”
– John C. Maxwell
15. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.”
– Conan O’Brien
16. “Little by little, a little becomes a lot.”
17. “Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.”
– Alfred A. Montapert
18. “Actively recognizing progress towards your goal will ultimately end up inspiring you and have you pushing even harder.”
– Denzel J. Wellington
19. “Step by step, progress is made.”
20. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”
– Barack Obama
21. “Strive for progress, not perfection.”
– Author Unknown
22. “When you set out to accomplish something, recognize that slow, steady progress over time can lead to big success.”
– Erica Hudson
23. “Every day that is wasted by doing nothing that makes your life better is an absolute waste. If you decide that you would rather go to the movies, watch TV, or go out with your friends that is a choice you make not to further your own progress. This is not to say that there isn’t a place for relaxation but relaxation is not to be used as an excuse not to move forward.”
– Byron Pulsifer
24. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”
– Frederick Douglass
25. “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.”
26. “You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.”
– Booker T. Washington
27. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.”
– Bill Bradley
28. “There are only two options: make progress or make excuses.”
29. “Part of life is understanding that real change and progress comes with dedicated perseverance but also realizing that challenges, obstacles and roadblocks will appear from time to time.”
– Robert Rivers
30. “There is no traffic jam along the extra mile.”
– Roger Staubach
If you want to read more motivational quotes, read these posts next:
40 Best Leveling Up Quotes that will Motivate you
40 Quotes About Overcoming Procrastination to Motivate You
30 Inspiring Quotes About Rebuilding Yourself
Which one of these motivational quotes for hard work resonates with you the most? Let me know in the comments and remember to pin this post if you feel more motivated!
If you are serious about your goals and changing your life, make sure to sign up for my newsletter below. I send motivational emails and advice, and you will also get a free copy of my ebook ‘A Simple Guide to a Productive Life’.
AmberMay 16, 2021 at 2:18 am
I am in love with motivational quotes. It seems your mindset completely switches gears and you feel better after reading and taking in positive words
NinaMay 16, 2021 at 6:48 am
So true! I love them too. And some extra motivation truly never hurts.
Ema HidlebaughMay 16, 2021 at 2:03 pm
These are great! 6 & 21 are my favourites 🙂
NinaMay 16, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Those are really good ones! 🙂
Heather @ Writer's Life for YouMay 16, 2021 at 5:15 pm
This may be my new favorite quote>> “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.”
– Michael John Bobak<< It's totally true. If you don't feel nervous or scared when you're trying something new then you probably aren't pushing yourself. The best opportunities lie outside your comfort zone and going outside it is how you grow! Great post!
NinaMay 18, 2021 at 7:48 pm
I know right, it’s one of my favorites too! I think one of the best ways to keep growing as a person is to ask yourself if you’re comfortable or uncomfortable right now. So often I notice that although I’m sort of doing something productive or otherwise useful, I’m still a bit too comfortable. Which basically means that I could push myself more, work harder or take more chances. Of course it’s good to be comfortable too sometimes 🙂
YolandaMay 17, 2021 at 11:33 am
This is great motivation for my Monday 🙂 This one really stood out for me – “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” I need to remember this and it is SO true!
NinaMay 18, 2021 at 8:06 pm
I try to keep that one in mind whenever I’m feeling lazy 😀 Great to hear the post was useful!
ThiliniMay 19, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Thank you for sharing these and the extra motivation. Love love them!
NinaMay 20, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Thank you for your comment! Hope the quotes were useful!